MetaMuseum can help your museum, art gallery, historical or cultural organization in any of three ways:
- We take the technical hassles out of setting up a virtual museum or a museum web site, allowing anyone to do it in just a few minutes. Using a few simple web pages, administrators or volunteers can set up a site without knowing HTML, FTP, CSS or other Internet acronyms. They can choose colors, upload graphics files, select navigational and layout styles, add and remove pages, and change text. For only $99.00 (US) per year you can set up a site using our system. Important features include:
- You can set up E-mail newsletters, and your site will automatically display a box where users can enter their e-mail addresses to subscribe.
- You can add sounds to your pages, either your own voice describing the page, or choose from a library of background music. Each user can choose to turn the sounds on or off.
- The system creates navigation links automatically, thus preventing "dead links" and making site setup that much easier.
- The system creates a site map showing the pages you have created.
- We offer consulting services at prices affordable to the average small museum, helping your web project to run on time and on budget with a minimum of misunderstangings and friction between the museum and the design firm. MetaMuseum can bring you its 6 years of Interenet project management experience to you for only $50.00 per hour. We can help with everything from goals and concept, to choosing a design firm, to reviewing design documents such as site maps, page inventories, and style sheets.
- We can build the site, doing the actual work of creating HTML layout pages and graphic elements, creating and testing all navigation and functional elements, uploading files to your selected ISP, and managing your domain name. The charge for this is also $50.00 per hour. We can either use the MetaMuseum system, or design and build custom pages for you.
Here is a more complete description of MetaMuseum features.
Here is a sample of what can be done with the MetaMuseum system that will answer some of your questions.
For more information, or to sign up for a 30-day free trial, send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
MetaMuseum currently hosts web sites for: